KNUST students are officially represented at each level of association. There is a Students' Representative Council (SRC) representing the whole student body. Students also belong to college, faculty or department associations. Graduate students have their own representative bodies collectively and individually into programmes offered under their respective departments. We exemplify an ideal democratic institution where the voices of its major stakeholders are expressed and considered together to enhance administration in the school.
- Students' Representative Council (SRC)
- Science Students Association (SCISA)
- Ghana Engineering Students Association (GESA)
- Chemical Engineering Students' Association (CHEESA)
- Ghana Pharmaceutical Students' Association (GPSA)
- KNUST School of Business Graduate Students Association (KSBGSA)
- Law Students Union (LSU)
- Civil Engineering Students' Association (CESA)
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering Students' Association (ELEESA)
- College of Art and Social Sciences Students' Council (CASSSC)
- Renewable Natural Resources Students' Association (RENARSA)
- Medical Students' Association (MSA)
On the 1st of October, 2010, Professor William Otoo Ellis was appointed as Vice Chancellor for a four year term to steer the affairs of this great institution by the Council of this University. He was inducted into office on the 2nd of October, 2010 and swore the oath of service and was formally outdoored to the University Community and to the rest of the general public.