It is announced for the information of all prospective International Applicants that Application for the 2013/2014 Academic Year is now open. Interested Applicants are required to complete their application online only after which a hard copy together with photocopies of relevant Certificates and evidence of payment of Application processing fee of $100 (US Dollars) should be sent to:
The Deputy Registrar(Academic)
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology
Private Mail Bag
Payments may be effected through any of the following Accounts:
Bank: Ghana Commercial Bank Ltd
Account No: 6031620000208
Account Name: KNUST Forex
Bank: Ecobank Ghana Limited
Account No: 0211014402813701
Account Name: KNUST Rapid Transfer Collection Account (US Dollar)
Please visit the Online Admissions System to apply (http://admissions.knust.edu.gh/). Our online admission system makes your application process simple and convenient. It helps with facilitation and processing of your documents. All prospective International applicants are to apply through the online system. No purchase of local form is allowed.
All completed Application Forms should be submitted by Post (EMS) to the Deputy Registrar (Academic Affairs) KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana on or before 31st May 2013.
Admission of candidates to undergraduate degree programmes for the 2013/2014 academic year (Advanced Level/Mature/ABCE/GBCE/ International Baccalaureate and WASSCE/SSSCE Candidates)
- WASSCE/SSSCE holders who have credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6) in Three Elective Subjects with an aggregate score of 24 or better in the relevant area of study.
GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (GBCE) holders who possess passes in Three compulsory Subjects including English Language and passes in any Three Elective Subjects including Business Mathematics.
- ADVANCED LEVEL holders with credits in at least Five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English and Mathematics, plus at least two passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level obtained not more than Three (3) years ago
ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (ABCE) holders with passes in Three compulsory plus Three optional subjects relevant to the programme of study, OR Applicants with Stage I of ACCA, ICA, Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at WASSCE/SSSCE in Three (3) Core Subjects and Three (3) Elective Subjects or credits at GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics.
- MATURE STUDENTS who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of applying and have credits in Five (5) GCE ‘O Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics, in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and /or Interview.
HND holders with Three (3) years relevant working experience in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirement at WASSCE/SSSCE or Five (5) GCE O’ Level credits including English Language and Mathematics.
- FOREIGN APPLICANTS and all others who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognised institution.
Any form that is not fully completed (both hard copy and online) at the time of submission shall not be considered.
- Only results and/or documents provided by applicants at the time of submission of their applications shall be considered.
- 2013 WASSCE candidates awaiting results may apply (this is applicable to Ghanaian/local applicants only)
- Applicants must include in their application forms photocopies of their results slips and/or certificates as well as certified true copy of birth certificate.
- An applicant’s failure to input grades and other relevant information properly on the forms/online shall deny the applicant admission.
- Admission to all programmes of study at the university is transparently administered by the central undergraduate admissions committee without any other considerations and/ or solicitations. Any applicant who makes any form of solicitation to any person or group of persons for the purpose of influencing and/or gaining admission into the university does so at his/her own risk.
- MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: All applicants are required to visit the university’s admissions website (http://admissions.knust.edu.gh) to complete their application process online. Failure to do so render the application invalid.
On the 1st of October, 2010, Professor William Otoo Ellis was appointed as Vice Chancellor for a four year term to steer the affairs of this great institution by the Council of this University. He was inducted into office on the 2nd of October, 2010 and swore the oath of service and was formally outdoored to the University Community and to the rest of the general public.