THE COUNCIL of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, announces the Executive Search for dynamic and business-oriented persons with proven academic abilities to be appointed as DEANS to the following Schools/Faculty of the University:
KNUST SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
FACULTY OF LAW
The Dean is the Head of the School/Faculty and shall be responsible to the Provost for providing leadership to the School/Faculty and for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good governance of the School/Faculty in accordance with policies and procedures instituted by the University.
i. Must be of Professorial status or equivalent grade in an analogous institution.
ii. Must be a distinguished scholar with a capacity to motivate and direct staff.
iii. Must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organizational skills and must be above reproach.
iv. Must possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills and capacity to manage and control crisis situations.
v. Must be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the University for common purpose.
vi. Must be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgement.
vii. Must be able to attract grants and funds for Research and Development activities for the School/Faculty.
viii. Must be able to serve a full FOUR-YEAR Term of Office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of SIXTY (60).
Terms of Appointment
i. The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for FOUR (4) YEARS in the first instance and may be subject to renewal for Two (2) Years, altogether making a maximum of Six (6) Years. The Candidate may opt to be a Faculty Member after serving the Six-Year Term before attaining the statutory retiring age of 60.
ii. The Successful Applicant shall be expected to assume duty by AUGUST 01, 2013.
iii. Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter together with the following:
a. Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Two (2) Referees; and,
b. A Two-Page Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the School/Faculty.
Applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER to reach the following address, not later than FRIDAY, JUNE 14, 2013:
KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PRIVATE MAIL BAG
UNIVERSITY POST OFFICE
- IDL; Admission of Candidates to Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degree Programmes for the 2013/2014 Academic Year
- Call for Nominations to the Nelson Mandela Chair
- AGRA MSc Soil Science - KNUST Programme
- Call for Abstracts; 5th Annual Scientific Conference
- Medical Screening of University Staff
- BSU-PhD Course in Qualitative Research methodologies
- ACU Titular Fellowships - 2013
- Inspirational King, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II At 63-Some Major Landmarks
- Call for Proposals
- Appointment of Deans
- 47th Congregation
- The Green Talents Competition 2013
- Application for Educational Pathways International Scholarships for 2013/2014
- UCC-UNILORIN 3rd Joint International Conference
- Call for Abstracts; 2013 International Climate Change and Population Conference
- Global Environmental Management (GEM) Scholarship
- BSU PhD scholarships
- WAEC Monthly Seminar-2013 Edition: Call for Papers
- Kingdom Books and Stationary Bursary Awards 2012/2013 Academic Year
- Call for Applications for Test for Ghana Scholarships; 2013/2014 Academic Year
- BSU MSc scholarships at universities in Denmark
- 6th GRASAG-KNUST Research Conference, 2013
- Application for S.T. Nankani Bursary 2013
- Roberto Rocca Education Program Scholarship Announcement
- A short course in Rural Entrepreneurship
- P-PP Opportunities at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Participate in SUNY-Geneseo Global Health Programme
- 2013/2014 Admissions Open for Programmes at the KNUST
- Ghanaian Internship for German Undergraduates Lab placement, summer 2013
- Ph.D. course in Climate Change Processes, Mitigation and Adaptation
- KNUST ICT Training
- International Professional Certificate and Advance Diploma in Logistics and Transport Course
- Kingdom Books Scholarship Scheme 2012/2013 Academic Year
- Call for Proposals for Institutional Capacity Packages
- KNUST Staff Industrial Exposure Programme
- SNOWS Junior Science Conference, South Africa; Call for Abstracts
- Short courses in Human Nutrition and Dietetics
On the 1st of October, 2010, Professor William Otoo Ellis was appointed as Vice Chancellor for a four year term to steer the affairs of this great institution by the Council of this University. He was inducted into office on the 2nd of October, 2010 and swore the oath of service and was formally outdoored to the University Community and to the rest of the general public.